5 ways to cover up at the beach

Leave a Comment

It’s officially holiday season- PRAISE THE HEAVENS! That means sunshine and ice creams for breakfast and unlimited Pina Coladas, what more could you want in life? While I was recently away in Greece with my Queens (best friends) I decided that in-between these moments of sheer joy and calories I’d take some pictures. This was  to give anyone whose off away soon some inspiration of what to wear when you’re strolling over to the beach, or leaving the sun loungers to grab some lunch, basically at any moment where you want to temporarily ‘cover up’ those bikini bods but still look cute and stylish. Big thanks to my major Queen Lucy Lu for spending hours in the sweltering heat taking these pics for me, and all for the small fee of an Apple Martini and a Mars Bar ice-cream!


LOOK ONE: THE MAXI DRESS

These long flowing dresses gave me some serious Mamma Mia vibes, strolling through Zante I could practically hear Meryl Streep singing ‘The winner takes it all’ in my ear. I’m love, love, loving this trend and they are so easy to get hold of, odds are if you stroll into any shop, high street or high end you’ll find a maxi dress hanging there. They’re perfect to just throw on over a bikini because it’s one item, one item and you’re sorted. They’re cool for the heat and I mean who doesn’t want to feel like a Greek Goddess prancing around in a gown?? No one. 



SHOP: Abercrombie and Fitch 

LOOK TWO: DENIM SHORTS

Katy Perry wasn’t lying when she sung about the wonder of ‘Daisy Dukes, bikinis on top’. I found myself constantly hopping into a pair, just to grab another cocktail or run up to my room for a top up of suncream. They’re just easy, and who wants any hassle on holiday? If you don't have your favourite little pair of cut downs in your suit case or beach bag this year, you'll live to regret it for sure (first world problems). 

SHOP: Hollister 


LOOK THREE: THE KAFTAN

IT’S SO FLOWEY I’M GONNA DIE! I am loving kaftans, you just throw them on over your head (pretty self explanatory) and run around like you’re the Queen of the beach. If you feel like maybe you’ve had a little too much sun (haha banter) but you’re not ready to leave the beach then these are perfect to protect your skin for a little while and plus they just look majestic every time there’s a breeze. You can get them for amazing prices, definitely worth a little investment
SHOP: Local Boutique 


LOOK FOUR: THE GRAPHIC TEE

Lately whenever I scroll through Instagram I see these gorgeous ‘goals’ girls, floating around in their giant inflatable swans, sipping smart water and wearing these cute little t-shirts. So of course, in true girl style I wanted to be an Instagram cool kid and copied them completely (besides the £40 fancy floats!) The closest I could get was their amusing little t-shirts. They’re super cute, picture ready and once again just easy to throw on when you want a little protection. 

SHOP: ASOS


LOOK FIVE: THE MAXI SKIRT

I saved my personal favourite until last. Maxi skirts are my shizz, when you’re on holiday it’s perfectly acceptable to dance around looking like a hippy mermaid, which means you can whip out the anklets, beach waves and of course the maxi skirts. I’d really recommend looking for ones with the cheeky leg slit, no reason in particular except that they’re pretty and when my legs are brown I look for every excuse to show the world, like ‘aww nice skirt’ then BOOM -brown leg, proper Angelina Jolie style even if I do have chicken legs. 


SHOP: Abercrombie and Fitch (blue)

            Hollister (White) 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig