How To Make The Perfect Summer Mojito

Leave a Comment
I dunno about you guys but the second the sun comes out, I'm ready for two things; a tan and a mojito. The good thing is that you can often satisfy these cravings at the same time, I mean is there anything better than lying in the sunshine with a cocktail? No, of course there isn't. Despite claiming I never, ever wanted to see a mint leaf again a few weeks ago after getting Mojito drunk, here I am creating them from home! So if you have a BBQ coming up, a summer girls night planned or just fancy a little treat for yourself, here is my easy way to whip up the perfect summer Mojito. (Big thanks to my old Debenhams Queen, Vildan, for getting me this kit for my birthday, girl knows I love a bevy!) 

STEP ONE: Place 4 lime wedges into a glass (half a lime) and a handful of mint leaves. Make sure to clap them in your hands before putting them in the class as it releases the flavour. Use a cocktail mallet if you have one, or a small rolling pin will do, and push all these together at the bottom, squeezing some lime juice out as you do this. 
STEP TWO: Sprinkle a teaspoon or caster sugar into each glass
STEP THREE: THE BOOOOOOZE. Remember back in the day drinking Bacardi and Coke in someone's kitchen, wearing a dress and converse, dancing to Oasis while someone's being sick in the garden? Ah house parties... Well Bacardi has grown with us and is now the boozy ingredient for our super classy bevy. Use a measure (or don't) and fill with desired amount , warning - I used way too much here! No more than a double kids! Give all the ingredients a good stir, if you can get one of these cool, long, twirly cocktail spoons it will help a lot. Make sure you stir until the sugar has dissolved.
STEP FOUR: Top up with a splash of sparkling water then fill the glasses with crushed ice, if you can buy it crushed it will save so much agro. Imagine me trying to crush huge cubes of ice in a blender, as it quite literally started smoking while I was screaming and the dogs were barking and jumping in panic, then you have a pretty good idea of what was happening before this photo 
STEP FIVE: Garnish with mint leaves and some fancy straws and voila! Get yourself outside and sip until the sun goes down. Hope you enjoy! If you give these ago make sure to message me on Instagram (@ellie_showed_me) and show me any pics!

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig