How To Make The Best Vanilla Cupcakes

Leave a Comment

When I was 14 I decided that my pocket money just wasn’t enough to serve my basic white girl needs, (Hollister and Starbucks’ mainly). So I decided to make one of my hobbies into my own little business, since then I’ve been selling cakes for birthdays, christenings, weddings etc, and by far my most popular request is just simply vanilla cupcakes. I played around with lots of different ingredients and recipes until I finally found a mixture that I liked, since then I’ve continued to use my same recipe which I’ll show you here! Happy baking lovelies xx

(Recipe makes 12 cupcakes)
INGREDIENTS 

40z of margarine (I use Flora Buttery)
40z caster sugar
40z self raising flour
2 medium sized eggs (room temperature) 
Vanilla essence 
Cinnamon 
Golden syrup 
Baking powder 

Set your oven to 170oC and fill a cupcake tin with 12 paper cases of your choice

1.Measure out 4oz of margarine and caster sugar and put into a medium to large mixing bowl 
2. Cream the two together using a wooden spoon (or an electric mixer) until you get a light coloured paste like consistency    

3. Crack two whole eggs (preferably left at room temperature) into the mixture and stir until combined  into a light yellow liquid 


4.To this mixture, add 3-4 drops of vanilla essence, half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a tablespoon of golden syrup then combine together  

5. Next, measure 4oZ of self raising flour and before putting into the mixture add to the flour half a teaspoon of baking powder

6. Carefully fold in the flour and baking powder into the cake batter, making sure to stir away any lumps but not to beat the air out of the mix


7.Once the mixture is combined, use an ice-cream scoop (or teaspoons) to gather even amounts of batter into each paper case. 

8.Once you’re happy you’ve evenly distributed the batter place the tray into the oven and leave to bake for 10-12 minutes (this can vary depending on ovens but a good trick to see if they are baked through is to put a toothpick into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean they’re good to go, if not give them another couple of minutes) 

If possible once cooked and cooled I leave the cakes in an airtight container over night which makes them much more moist and fluffy. Then voila eat, share enjoy! 





SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig