5 ways to Make your room Pinterest Worthy

Leave a Comment
Pinterest is literally my happy place. It's just filled with inspiration for EVERYTHING. I can spend hours scrolling through pictures of cakes, street styles, city breaks and one of my personal favourite options, Interior design. Now Pinterest interior's are not your usual Homebase selection, no. They always have the prettiest, Instgramiest gorgeous shizz you can find. You know those bedrooms we all dream about, filled with Kate Spade'esque' stationary, expensive candles and fabulous girly quotes all in frames? Yeah that's the vibe I'm talking about. So if you fancy your space to be a little more Instagram worthy then here are my 5 favourite ways to achieve those Pinterest goals. Welcome to ma crib... 
(P.S One of the best places online to find the sassiest, decor is http://www.coconut-lane.com/ , and you can now use the code ESM20 for 20% off at checkout- you're welcome)


1. THE DISPLAY CABINET 

Yeah, ok I know it's pretty superficial of me to display shoes of all things in a glass cabinet, when most intelligent, well rounded humans display like books and globes or something. BUT I spend a good proportion of my pay day cheques on pretty shoes so why wouldn't I want to look at them all the time hmm?? It's super Pinteresty to have these glass cabinets in your room and to not only use the space for convenient storage, but to throw in tonnes of extra, pretty bits n bobs. So grab old magazines, your favourite perfumes, and of course in my case... a tiara (on hold for special occasions) and get displaying!

2. SEE IT. LOVE IT. FRAME IT.

A true sign of a basic bitch's room like mine, is girlie stuff framed everywhere. If you're a true Pinterester then you'd know that the biggest trend of these frames is to fill them with cheesy quotes, and if you want to go a step further then not just any old cheesy quotes, GOLD FOILED cheesy quotes. Oh yeah. Along with those I always think it's cute and classy to have a larger black and white photo hanging up. My one is one of my all time favourite pictures (which when I found in 'The Range' I nearly shat myslef with excitement). Another fun project is to keep hold of the front covers of your favourite mag and hang them in a line together (very Devil wears Prada).
                
3. THE STATEMENT SHELVES

Again I know I literally have like 12 books on my BOOK SHELVES but Instagram doesn't care about hundreds of novels lined up, Instagram wants to see beautifully displayed things, more specifically, pretty things that sparkle. (The more I write, the more superficial I sound, but I promise I'm not that shallow!) So get creative, and if possible, stick to a specific theme or vibe. I've gone for a 1920's New York feel (because The Great Gatsby is one of my fave books – SEE I READ!) Display things you would never think to keep on a shelf and just see what you come up with. Also why keep your books (all 12 of them) in a straight boring line? JAZZ THINGS UP A BIT!
4. STORAGE SOLUTIONS

OKAY! No joke, no shame, my favourite thing to Pinterest is clever storage solutions. YES I'm a massive loser but do I care? No I do not. What is more fun to obsess over than stacks of pretty make up all shiny and displayed so nicely? NOTHING. So if you have a problem buying makeup that's too expensive for your own good like me then why shove it all in a dark drawer? Show them puppies to the world! (My friend from work and I would legit discuss how after a long day at work we would go home to re-organise our collections with a Yankee candle, how sad?!)
5. DIY COLLAGING 

So if you haven't guessed by now, I love keeping magazines and upgrading them somehow. A few years ago me and my best friend had an unfortunate phase where we wore low ponytails daily, extensive amounts of Jesus bracelets and collaged fricking everything! Luckily since then we discovered rollers, Pandora's and toned down the collaging! However I still think here and there it really can't do any harm and plus it's a fab way to de-stress! So since Pinterest loves a good 'upcycle' cut up your Vogue's and decorate anywhere from mood boards to inside wardrobe doors.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig