How To Make Roasted Rainbow Salad

Leave a Comment
It's that time of year where we're all meant to be drowning in salads, but I'm sorry, if we have to sacrifice Dominos and Ice Cream (sometimes) then it's just not ok to be munching on dry lettuce with some cucumber thrown on top. Salads really can be delicious (I know bare with me) you just have to know the best and healthiest way to jazz them up, so here's my Roasted Rainbow salad, it tastes fabulous and contains every colour of the rainbow!   

STEP ONE: Chop up some sweet potato and aubergine into bitesize squares, throw these into a ovenproof dish then cover with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the tray into an oven at heat 200oC for around 20-25 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
STEP TWO: Place some lettuce into a bowl and add some peppers and cherry tomatoes 

STEP THREE: Grab a hella spinach and microwave in a bowl along with a sprinkle of water for around 1 minute of until the spinach is soggy (yum?)
STEP FOUR: Add some chopped mozzarella and the soggy spinach (again sounds less appealing than it tastes)
STEP FIVE: Add a heaped spoonful of hummus to the middle of the salad (healthier than heaps of dressing) then empty the roasted vegetables into the bowl and garnish with pita bread
Another shout out to my hand made oven mitts thanks.
And that's it! I know it looks a little... rustic, but trust me once you've given it a go you won't be able to turn back to dreary lettuce and cucumber combos. Hope you enjoy! 
(Holding my fork like the left handed weirdo I am)

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig