9 Things To Pack For Paris

Leave a Comment
Recently I got a flood of distressed messages from one of my very closest friends, the fabulous Lucy Lu. She was having a minor stress about, well life, she was concerned that her amazing decision to train as a children's nurse meant missing out on seeing the world. So, let me set the scene, I've been working everyday in a job that I seem to have lost all joy in, all of my best friends have scattered across the country for Uni and the 'gap year of my dreams' just wasn't shaping up to what I thought it would... like the closest I got to an exotic adventure was ordering Bombay Spice for one while watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. Therefore, I'll admit, I took advantage of Luce's minor quarter life crisis and suggested  that we just throw caution to the wind and book Paris for the following week. We gathered our savings, bought some cute clothes and hopped on a plane! We had the most amazing time and OF COURSE managed to get plenty of fabulous pictures, all with the purpose of breaking down some simple ways to dress for the chicest city in the world, I hope you all enjoy it and if the trip taught me anything it would be that sometimes you just have to ask 'why the hell not?!' 
1.Cute Statement Bag
When you're strolling around Parisian streets you should always be holding something fabulous, perfect and desirable, yep... a crepe, in the OTHER hand though nothing will top off your outfit more than a cute bag. Parisian style is chic and simple so it's the perfect place to don a jazzy bag.
SHOP: STRADAVARIOUS

2.Sheer Blouse

Ooo la la! I originally had a super cute leather skirt to go with this chic little blouse but believe it or not my tiny little bum ripped the zip! However I still made sure to get this top out because this type of material is PERFECT for the French city


SHOP: STRADAVARIOUS
3. Leather Trousers
SANDYYY! All through Paris fashion week we saw celebrities, models and bloggers alike wearing leather. Like I said, my skirt ripped but it was ok because in my very, very tightly packed suitcase I had these bad boys! You can wear them day or night and handy tip, if like me, you spill ice cream all over them they wipe off like new!

SHOP: STRADAVARIOUS
4.Flats
Luckily Paris is very walkable, we managed to see so many amazing things each day by just walking. Thankfully we remembered FLATS! These were a definite necessity if you want to be a real tourist. Just FYI Paris is covered with little food stands so it's like being rewarded with Nutella every street you conquer! 
SHOP: NEW LOOK
5. Faux Fur Jacket
This was definitely my favourite item I somehow managed to squeeze into my hand luggage- yep ALL this in one cabin sized case, there was some definite sitting on the top of it while poor Lucy Lu struggled with the zip at the airport, this was shortly after the security judged me for my 4 plastic bags stuffed with makeup. Moral of the story is, if you really want to embody the Paris vibes then a fur jacket is definitely worth the suitcase space.
SHOP: H&M
6. Black Turtle Neck
Audrey Hepburn once said 'Paris is always a good idea' so as she is my Queen I thought I'd straight up copy her signature style with an all black ensemble topped with a super comfy turtle neck, definitely worth the investment for your next trip.
SHOP: STRADAVARIOUS
7. Chic Heels
Firstly,it was totally worth the frostbite for these pictures and quite frankly gave me an excuse for wine at dinner... to warm me up of course. Paris is known for being the chicest city on earth so it's basically the law that your shoe game needs to slay. A pair of patent nude pumps will NEVER let you down. 


SHOP: CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN
8. Kim K Coat
A big coat like this you just NEED in the city. I cannot tell you what a Queen I felt like strolling through the airport in my over the knee boots and long coat flying in the air conditioning breeze, that is until we realised we had 2 hours to spare and ended up crouched in the airport eating a tub of Pringles and 11, yes 11 French cakes... each.
SHOP: MISSGUIDED
9. Sunglasses
I bought these fabulous sunnies with the full intention of wearing them come rain or shine so it was a pleasant surprise that I genuinely needed them in the end! Either way a big, retro shaped pair of shades, once again gives off some serious Audrey vibes and is a perfect accessory for your trip.


SHOP: STRADAVARIOUS

Major thanks to my Queen and photographer, Lucy Lu (or Mumma Goose Luce) your picture skills and clumsiness kept me entertained constantly








SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig